The Coronavirus has a lot of us going stir crazy! It’s challenging to get through our day when our routine has drastically changed. Some of us are absolutely relieved! This may be the only time off some of us may get this year.
For others, this is happening totally against our will. I’m not minimizing what’s happening. People are losing their jobs, companies are cutting back. Schools are closed and parents have to find ways for their children to be educated and cared for if they aren’t able to stay home. These are critical times!
What We Can Do
We can try to make lemonade out of lemons. I recall years ago when a recession happened. Lots of stores closed. Remember Woolworths?? (telling my age, lol!!)
That’s how the Internet became such a sensation. People found new ways to shop. This Coronavirus pandemic may affect how we work, play, and live.
I want to lighten your day with something fun! Here are some things to do while at home. Feel free to share your ideas here.
5 Stress-Relieving Indoor Activities
- Paint your nails. Create at-home spa event with a mani-pedi. Pick out your favorite nail color and finish it off with a glossy high coat.
- Take a bath. Fill the tub with scents that relax you, and make a mountain of bubbles,. Blow up a pillow and find a book you’ve been meaning to read in there with you (be sure to keep it dry).
- Start a journal. If we focus only on the negative, things can get us down. Try writing down what you’re grateful for. It can make a world of difference, especially when you’re stressed.
- Listen to or watch a music video. Who is your favorite music artist? Take some time to catch up on their latest videos. Artists such as John Legend and others have been posting concerts on Youtube from their homes! How cool is that! Just go to Youtube and follow the hashtag #TogetherAtHome. You can listen to John’s concert with special guest Chrissy Teigan below!
- Try working out. Again, the Internet is a great place to find exercise videos. Learn the latest line dance or work out with a Zumba instructor. Exercise instructors have been giving classes on line, so it’s a good time to explore what type of exercise fits your personality and goals best.
I will be updating my Facetime and Zoom skills as Open Houses may have to be done that way. as well as property showings and home inspections.
For some, this may be an opportune time to buy a home. The interest rate has dropped so low that it can’t be ignored. For sellers, it may be a good time to let go of your home and move on. Some investors or property owners may want to get rid of rentals and Airbnb properties. Business will continue. How life will change is the big question. Time will tell.
In the meantime, I’ll be posting information from reliable sources to keep you updated with what’s happening in Virginia Beach and areas of Hampton Roads on my Facebook page.
Have a healthy and stress-free day!
I hope that you enjoyed this 5 Stress-Relieving Indoor Activities post!