Here is the May 2021 Market Update for Hampton Roads, regarding real estate for the region's seven cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton and Newport News. More information about market trends and months’ supply of inventory can be obtained from The Real Estate Information Network. Read more here....
non-toxic Natural outdoor pest control
Spring and summer bring great weather - and insects. Some of them we want to see, such as bees. They help fertilize gardens. Some insects are considered as pests which we want to go away. Here are a few tips for dealing with 3 of these insect s so you can enjoy the outdoors!
Don't leave standing water in your yard, as mosquitos are attracted to it. Here are a few more suggestions:
- planting lemongrass, also known as citronella
- adding potted marigolds to patio seating areas (mosquitos hate their scent)
- combining 1 part cinnamon, castor oil or eucalyptus oil with 10 parts alcohol for a homemade repellant spray
- applying a yard spray every 2 weeks made up of concentrated garlic extract mixed with water and a binder like olive oil
Keep mulch and soil covered with a dry top layer, as gnats breed in decomposing plant matter. Here are a few more tips:
- add a few drops of dish soap to an open container of vinegar for a homemade gnat trap
- keep damp, shady areas well-aerated to prevent fungal growth
- dab vanilla extract on skin or clothing to keep swarms away
- try sodium vapor outdoor lighting to reduce attraction
Ants know how to spoil a picnic! They're also drawn to all sorts of garden plants. Stop them in their tracks by:
- spreading coffee grounds throughout planted areas (they hate the smell)
- drawing a line of chalk around doors, windows and other entry points (they won’t cross it)
- planting fragrant herbs like lavender, rosemary or sage, which ants find repulsive
Have you considered trading in your garden for greener pastures? Give me a call!
Oops! We could not locate your form.
ARE YOUR THINKING ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING?
I'm here to help guide you through your experience of buying or selling a home in Virginia Beach and areas of Hampton Roads.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
You'll receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots throughout Hampton Roads.
I hope that you enjoyed this May Real Estate Market Update post!