Here is the December 2019 Market Outlook for Virginia Beach and the surrounding areas of Hampton Roads. More information can be obtained from The Real Estate Information Network. Read more here….
Prepping Your Home for the Cold Months Ahead
Performing a few quick and easy maintenance chores around your home could save you a lot of time and money later. The National Association of the Remodeling Industry suggests the following steps to prepare your home for winter:
- Have your HVAC unit or furnace checked. Make sure the HVAC unit or furnace filter is clean. Check the thermostat to be sure it is working properly and/or the pilot light is functioning.
- Have the heating ducts cleaned on an as-needed basis. If you think duct cleaning might be a good idea for your home, talk to a professional.
- Check your chimney. If you haven’t used your fireplace in a while it’s a good idea to have it checked for animals, debris and leaves. Consider installing a screen over your chimney openings.
- Clean your gutters and ridge vents. When gutters are clogged, rainwater backs up. If the temperature drops below freezing, the standing water freezes causing the gutters to expand and crack. The ridge vents need to be cleaned in order to allow the house to “breath” correctly. Otherwise, air will stagnate and create an unhealthy environment.
- Make sure your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detectors are in working order. Check the batteries regularly. If your alarms or detectors emit a light to signal they are working, make sure the light is on.
- Check the caulking around your doors and windows. If the caulk is cracking and peeling away, it allows your home’s heat to escape.
- Make sure that the doors and windows shut tightly and no cold air is coming in.
If you don’t have the time or expertise for your winter home maintenance personally it is worth it to contact a professional.
Free Report: How to Save For a Down PaymentDon't let a down payment be the the only thing standing between your dreams of owning a home of your own. This report offers some simple things you can do to create an action plan for saving that down payment in less time. Leave your email and I'll send you the information you need to know right away.
Check out these great Properties
[idx-platinum-widget id=”20003-58798″ ]
ARE YOUR THINKING ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING IN hampton roads, VIRGINIA?
I’m here to help guide you through your home buying or selling experience.
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT hampton roads, VIRGINIA?
You’ll receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.
I hope that you enjoyed this December 2019 Real Estate Market Outlook post!
Have Questions?If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with me. I'll be sure to get back to you shortly.